Remarketing or Retargeting Campaign for Law Firms

Remarketing and retargeting campaigns allow you to be seen multiple times by prospective clients interested in your law firm. They will support you in increasing advertising conversion and making more informed marketing decisions.

At Intaker, remarketing and retargeting campaigns are a core element of our marketing strategy. We noticed an immediate increase in leads since implementing these techniques, along with search engine optimization (SEO) and paid advertising campaigns.  

Our marketing dollars began to stretch further, which is vital to all businesses, especially in the current economic climate. So, how can a remarketing or retargeting campaign work for law firms?

The process is simple as we were already running social media ads targeting a large audience. That initial advertising is known as a hook campaign, where you cast a wide net to see who takes an interest. Next comes retargeting, where efforts get directed at a much smaller audience segment.  

Retargeted ads get pushed to people who have already shown previous interest. For example, they may have visited our site or clicked on an ad but weren’t ready to buy.

We can make a second and third impression on these individuals thanks to retargeting. A general rule called “The Seven Times Factor” says, on average, someone needs to see seven ads before committing to purchasing a product or service.

We were no longer just targeting the community in general. We were honing our resources to attract attorneys and law firms that already know our brand. While retargeting doesn’t give you the same number of leads, it ensures you get the most out of your law practice’s campaign.

What are the first steps to starting a remarketing and retargeting campaign for law firms?

First, know your law firm’s ideal client. Are you looking for someone that owns a business? Or who needs help with a personal issue? Knowing your preferred client will help you determine how you proceed and which social media platform to prioritize for advertising.

You’ll also want to learn about Google SEO, which is excellent for reaching a large audience ready to purchase your services. It requires some research to understand keywords and perform a competitive analysis but is well worth it in the long run. Once you establish your firm on Google as a trusted law firm, you will rank higher in search results, allowing more people to find you.

Along with SEO, you’ll also want to find your preferred form of social media, which is the best way to advertise to specific groups of people. Each platform caters to a particular type of person. If your ideal client is a business owner, Linkedin is your medium. However, if your perfect client is an individual looking for help with a personal matter, Facebook or Instagram may be a better fit.

However, these are general rules only, and the key is to know your audience. People use TikTok and Instagram for B2B ads; sometimes, they work better than Linkedin. In our complete guide to digital marketing for lawyers, we discuss determining which social media platforms are suitable for your law firm.

Dive into the platforms and explore the setup process once you know what strategies interest you most. All social platforms have help centers if you get lost. If your budget allows, you could also look into hiring a social media intern or professional manager to help you reach your goals faster.

Here are some pro tips to give you a head start. Facebook has Meta Pixel, a program that forwards you a unique code that gets added to all of your web pages. Once added, it can track who is coming to your website. Now, they will see ads from your firm. Linkedin,Snapchat, and even TikTok have similar setups.

What’s your law firm’s marketing budget?

Next, figure out your budget. How much can you afford to spend on advertising? Generally, you would want to start with your extensive campaign and put 80% of your funds there. Put the remaining 20% in the retargeting campaign.

After running your campaigns for a few days to 1 month (based on your firm’s budget), re-evaluate using the data to see how you can optimize your spending.

Finally, re-evaluate, re-evaluate (I can’t say that enough). You should review the data regularly and decide if you should continue or start a new remarketing or retargeting campaign for your law practice.

Get in touch

Marketing, like the legal field, is constantly evolving. Using new marketing techniques will help increase your leads and grow your firm. If you have more questions about how retargeting or remarketing can work for your firm, please get in touch with us at Intaker.

Are you not using Intaker yet? Click HERE to schedule your demo now.